Friday 11 September 2015

Day 5: Life is Meant to be EPIC!

I love this time of year.  A time of excitement and new beginnings….and best of all new shoes!  Maybe, if you’re lucky, two pairs of new shoes - a pair of indoors AND outdoors.  

When you are a teacher and it’s the first week of school, people are always interested in how your week is going. When you are a kid at this time of year, it’s the same thing. I asked many students about their first week of school and most of them responded with a “good”, “great” or, “okay”...but a couple of them replied with an enthusiastic:

“EPIC!”


For one student, his week was ‘epic’ because he landed in the same class as his pals, for another she was excited because she FINALLY got to wear her brand new shoes! For me, it didn’t matter what the reason was, I just loved their enthusiasm.  I started reflecting on their responses and I was inspired by their passion.  Then, I came across the following video from John Spencer and I knew I just had to write this post. Sometimes, (especially this week), I get caught up in the the busyness of life, the discomfort of conflict, and I forget about the important things...like passion, purpose and people.

In the video, John says that epic stories aren't comfortable. It's true! I encourage you to think about the school year ahead. Push beyond your comfort zone and go ahead...make it EPIC!



No comments:

Post a Comment