Friday 6 November 2015

Day 44: Twitter

Today an educator asked me to explain why he should join Twitter. I took a few minutes to gather my thoughts before responding with my reasons and a few resources for getting started. I thought I would share my response for those who have wondered what the hype is all about...

Why I love Twitter:

Resources for getting started:
TweetDeck

Tips for classroom Twitter accounts:
  • have a conversation with your administrator about how and why you will use Twitter with your students
  • share with parents how you plan to use Twitter with students
  • consider privacy when choosing a classroom Twitter handle
  • before sharing student personal information ensure their media release form is signed
  • students need to be 13 to create an account
  • consider how you will incorporate digital citizenship - ex: check hashtags before including them in a tweet, giving credit for pictures and resources you share.

No comments:

Post a Comment